Thursday, November 4, 2010

An amazing woman

On October 18th the world lost an amazing woman and heaven gained one, my Grandma Joyce. She had been battling Alzheimer's for a long time and although her body was strong as ever, her mind had gone. I knew her well when I was a little girl....she would ride me on the back of her bicycle for hours, until I feel asleep and my head bobbled all around. She dressed up as a witch every Halloween, sometimes with a green face and warts all over it! She made the best macaroni salad I ever tasted. She put up with my Grandpa, who was quite a character! She was an amazing sharp shooter, my dad has pictures of her on roller skates holding a gun! A real Annie Oakley! She was adventurous, she pursued a pilots license and jumped out of an airplane. She had the best laugh, I can still hear it. Here is a video my dad put together with an amazing song by Jewel. There is a hole in all of our hearts.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Tara. It is really nice to hear your beautiful memories of Mom. She loved you very much..

Dad