Sunday, August 31, 2008

A tribute to Johnny Cash

I'm not particularly proud of it, but one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs is "Jackson." I must sing it more than I realize because I've caught Aidan singing his own version of the song several times. Tonight the boys were in the shower and I heard him singing away(a habit for him.) He has also inherited from me the art of making up his own words to songs. I am well known for this skill and I think Aidan will follow in my footsteps(poor thing)! The song says "We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout, we've been talking 'bout Jackson ever since the fire went out" Aidan sings "We got married in a BEAVER, married(sometimes he say born) in a BRUSSEL SPROUT, we've been talking Jackson every since we thought about, we're going to Jackson. I am particulary impressed with his southern accent through the song. Enoy!

No comments: