Thursday, December 10, 2009

St. Jude Marathon

First of all big THANK YOUS to everyone who donated to Team Caroline. St. Jude raised over 1.5 million dollars and you guys helped get to that goal! Lots of kiddos and their families benefit from that money, you are the real HEROES!

Second, huge THANK YOU to Todd! He is so good to let me be a crazy woman and run for hours on end during all the training and then to load up 3 kiddos at 5:30 am to get me downtown so I don't have to park. Then he got to travel around downtown and try to see me a couple of times all while hauling 3 cold kiddos around. You are the BEST!

I had a really fun race, although it was COLD, it was a blast. I ran with Ed Newton. We have taken his family's pictures for the past 3 years and it was great to run with him. If you look at his website, you'll see Todd's handy work! I ran a 3:24:38, my best time and was the 24th woman to finish. It was fun and now I am looking forward to fattening up for the holidays :-)

My Aidan waiting for his mommy...his sign said "GO TARA!"




1 comment:

The Blakes said...

You are beyond impressive to me, Tara! You are an amazing mother and show your kids the value of sacrificing for others. Love you